Friday, August 22, 2014

Rosie of the Day

As some of you readers know, I'm a member of an online forum called PopUp Portal. The folks there have enjoyed Rosie, Piper, and Juno's escapades, and a few of them even got to meet us at the Annual NC PopUp Portal Rally last June. I'm going to post a few stories I've written on that forum to give you all some more background while you await the two new posts I'm working on! (I'll just put this 'lil paragraph in front of the old forum posts.)

Here's your "Rosie of the Day!"

Today Rosie, Piper, Juno and I went for a two mile walk along our local greenway trail. Piper carried my wallet and keys for me. I kept the dogs on the leash, and since we were the only ones around I let Rosie go free to see if she would keep up. She loved it! She'd lag behind twenty feet or so for some nibbles, then gallop to catch up. A few times she even went in front as if to say "I'm the boss, now! Follow me!"

There are also a couple pics of miss Rosie wearing flowers in her hair. =] 

The trail's a bit stinky sometimes from culverts.

Piper likes to carry my wallet, phone, and keys.

Rosie leads the way!

"C'mon, guys, catch up!"

"Wait for meeee!!!!!!"





Rosie lives on my grandparents' farm about eight miles from my house. (I don't have a fence and will be heading on the road soon, so she stays there for now.) She stays in a 10'x20'x6' chain link dog lot in which we have put a long tin-roof house for her shelter and some left-over 50-gallon drums made into dog houses from the previous occupants. Six feet is just barely high enough to hold this little goat in. She's about knee high, but she is quite close to clearing the six foot fence. For fun, Rosie likes to sunbathe on top of her house and jump off the top of it for exercise. When she's bored she likes to headbutt those 50-gallon plastic drums. She has discovered that she can roll them around and set them up on end once she has them in the right place. We've watched her position a drum five feet from her house just so she can practice jumping from the tin roof to the barrel. Sometimes she takes a flying leap and karate-goat-kicks the barrel to knock it over.  I'm just glad she hasn't thought to put the barrel by the fence and jump over that way! I should put up a camera and have a "Rosie's Antics" Youtube channel.  [LOL] [LOL] [LOL]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got any advice or recommendations? Love us? Hate us? Let us know!